My first night stimming for IVF was fairly easy and not much of a deal at all.
Here’s a few reflections from my experience:
- Those instructional videos really helped. My meds also came with decent hand-outs.
- My hands are too little (or I’m just too clumsy) to be able to pinch my skin, hold the Puregon pen and somehow twist the end down to release the meds. I think I’ve talked hubby into doing this part for me, even though last night he “hid” downstairs and “pretended” he didn’t notice I was doing my shots.
- Slow insertion works best. (For some odd reason, I find this one humourous. hehe)
- Don’t throw all assumed left over pieces into your sharps container until you ensure that they aren’t needed any more. I may have tossed the cover for my puregon needle in without removing it. It wasn’t too difficult to fish it out, but I assume it will be MUCH harder once that container fills up.
- I’ve decided I like Repronex better than Puregon since it’s less shots. My Puregon dosage is 225 IU. The cartridges come in either 300 IU or 600 IU. This means some nights I’ll have to switch cartridges and do 2 injections of Puregon to get my full dosage. Really? Couldn’t you make the cartridges MUCH bigger or come in more of a variety of sizes?
- The Repronex didn’t burn much until AFTER. Solution: Curl up on the couch and catch a few shows on Netflix. Stretch out that belly, so it doesn’t rub or touch much. It goes away not too long after. I haven’t experienced any welts… yet.