How Far Along: 38 weeks and 5 days
Meds: All taken daily – prenatal vitamin, Omega 3 + DHA, Ranitidine (2x/day), Magnesium (1000mg at bedtime), Gaviscon for heartburn as required (which is OFTEN!).
Note: I tried to switch from Ranitidine to the Licorice Root yesterday. I also ate some dairy last night which usually triggers my acid reflux. Anyway, the switch didn’t go over well. I was up most of the night, so I’m caved and refilled my Ranitidine. Looks like I’ll be on it til the end.
Baby is the size of: a WATERMELON!
Best Moments This Week:
- Attending our local Perinatal Loss Awareness Walk
- Being OFF WORK!
- My husband’s workplace starting a baby pool. Right now, the most popular guesses for his arrival are: October 9 and 13.
- Having lunch with 2 of my local IVF friends today. It was so nice to catch up and sometimes I feel like it’s easier to talk about pregnancy and motherhood with people who have been through infertility.
Total Weight Gain: a total of 16.6 lbs – didn’t weigh myself this week.
Maternity Clothes: All day, every day!
- After the 2.5km walk on Saturday, my SI joint was out of line again. Overall, my back is sore at night, but daytime is much more manageable.
- Tired. Oh, so tired. Fortunately, I squeezed in a 2 hour nap this afternoon.
- Insomnia. Yup, I randomly wake up between 3-4am every morning. If I can’t go back to sleep, I just get up and do something until I’m ready to sleep again (usually around 5-6am).
- Lots and lots of Braxton Hicks
- Baby is continuously lower = random cervical pain/pressure
- Low iron = anaemic
- Leaky boobs if I don’t wear a bra
- Smooth moving bowels which is SUCH A RELIEF after months of constipation
Sleep: Still up every 1-1.5 hours to pee. Super uncomfortable. Difficult to get out of bed.
Food Cravings: Blueberries, granny smith apples, water
Anything making you queasy or sick: And the puking has returned… I’ve puked a couple times in the mornings lately and woken myself up in the middle of the night coughing and choking. I run to the bathroom and puke my guts out. It’s lovely. As a result, I’ve really tried to eat a MUCH smaller supper (almost like a snack). I puked Chinese food on Sunday night and let’s just say I won’t be eating Ginger Beef for quite some time.
Movement: He’s active on and off throughout the day. On the weekend, he was down in my pelvis and up in my ribs. I also find when I get a Braxton Hick contraction it hurts where his bum is. It’s almost like my skin doesn’t have any more give there.
Stretch Marks: Yes, I’ve got tiger stripes.
Baby Bump: Growing and growing… Took these photos tonight before we went for a walk. I’m proud to say that black hoodie is a regular sized hoodie. It was always a bit big on me, but it’s the only one I have that I can still squeeze around my belly and zip up.
Labour Signs: Lots of Braxton Hicks. Random cervical pressure. After the walk on Saturday, I had some thick yellow mucous discharge, but nothing since. I think he dropped lower again last night.
Belly Button In or Out?: Innie, but not much left.
Wedding Rings on or off?: Off.
Happy or Moody?: I’m in a neutral mood. Just sort of passing the time until he arrives. I do get grumpy if I’m tired, but overall, I’m decent.
Purchases for baby:
Purchases for Momma:
Miss Anything?: Sleep, energy, enjoying a good meal, sitting comfortably, laying flat,
Looking forward to: The actual arrival of our little man! I’m so ready for this. I actually don’t have anything planned for the rest of the week besides another acupuncture appointment. My plan is to relax, maybe catch up with a few friends and channel all of my energy into letting him know he is welcome to join us.