How Far Along: 32 weeks and 5 days
Meds: All taken daily – prenatal vitamin, Omega 3 + DHA, Ranitidine (2x/day), Magnesium (250mg at bedtime as per my chiro’s recommendation), Gaviscon for heartburn as required (which is OFTEN!).
Just an FYI: I use the Honest Company Prenatal Complete Once Daily and DHA Complete. My Naturopath was very satisfied with the ingredient listing on these products. I used to use the Whole Food Prenatal, but I switched to the once daily when I was throwing up too much.
Baby is the size of: Florida Pomelo (WTF is this? Is it just because I’m Canadian that I’ve never had a Pomelo?) or a winter squash
Best Moments This Week:
- Nesting galore! I had a major energy surge this weekend. We cleaned and organized our entire basement. I also washed all the baby linens/blankets. I honestly don’t know where this energy came from! Last night I went to the grocery store and could barely finish my list without feeling exhausted.
- Having a BodyTalk session. O-M-G! Every time I have Bodytalk it fascinates me! My back actually feels way better since my session yesterday. I also love the intuition validation. I was pleased when quite a few issues I wanted to address came up in my session on both a physical and emotional level. Another lesson that came up was enjoying stillness before baby comes. I’ve been really busy and trying to cross everything off my baby list lately. She encouraged me to take more moments for myself as they will be less frequent after he arrives.
- Having multiple people tell me I’m smaller than they anticipated. I am torn on whether this is good or bad though? I just carry really low, but I guess it’s a good thing that people don’t like I look huge!
- Planning my Blessingway with my doula :)
- Going out for an evening to a session at my friend’s rock and crystal shop. I really needed this night out! It was great because it was relaxing and didn’t take a lot of energy from me.
Total Weight Gain: a total of 12.6 lbs. (Didn’t weigh myself again this week!!! Will do it for next week)
Maternity Clothes: I picked up a pair of leggings on the Thyme Maternity sale rack for $4. Fall is on it’s way and I need a few warmer options. I think that will be the last of my maternity purchases.
- Low iron = SO TIRED. Last week, I was seriously low energy from Monday-Thursday.
- Energy spurt Friday to Sunday.
- Peeing constantly
- Sore hips/lower back – especially when sleeping
- Carpal tunnel in my right wrist. Wearing a brace makes it better. For anyone who had it, does it actually go away after baby comes?
Sleep: Ugh. This past week, I wake up to extremely sore hips, lower back and shoulders. I’ve been having hot showers in the morning or bubble baths at night. And doing lots of stretching to get the kinks out. My dreams have been crazy too especially since I get up so many times to pee. I don’t often get back to that deep level of sleep.
Food Cravings: Peaches, chocolate, ice cold water
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing new this week.
Movement: I find his movements to be more pronounced now except my husband always misses when my belly moves. I think I’ve also noticed he’s had a hiccups a few times. That sensation is different!
Stretch Marks: Yup – same location lower tummy and parallel with my belly button. When my tummy grows, they get itchy. I lather up with coconut oil every night.
Baby Bump: Growing and growing… With my nice wrist brace on. :/
Labour Signs: Nothing yet except maybe a few Braxton Hicks.
Belly Button In or Out?: Innie, but not much depth left.
Wedding Rings on or off?: Off due to the heat.
Happy or Moody?: I’ve been ok lately. My mood has been fairly level. I just find I get lonely as my husband is farming + working meaning he’s gone from the house for 12-14 hours a day. I work remotely so the lack of human contact can be hard some days, yet I also enjoy my alone time. I also had my first cry in a long time on Sunday night. My husband was grumpy from all the nesting and I didn’t appreciate his attitude. I know he works hard, but preparing for baby is important too. I am very fortunate that my husband does A LOT more than many of his friends, but sometimes I just wish he would see the up-side of our efforts rather than grumbling..
Purchases for baby:
Purchases for Momma:
- Maternity leggings
- A Booby Trapper – excellent used condition for $10
Miss Anything?: Sleeping comfortably
Looking forward to:
- Receiving our rocking chair to finish the nursery.
- Receiving our mobile
- Being off work in 5 weeks WHOHOO!