Last Thursday, Wyatt turned 5 months old. Holy shit. Time has flown by.
We’ve been out of the 4th trimester for a whole month now. Just when life seems like it’s getting easier, new challenges arise. Wyatt has grown developmentally so much this month. He’s keeping me on my toes.
This past month, Wyatt…
- Learned to roll from front to back and back to front in both directions. He can turn himself around in a circle and shimmies to reach his toys. He’s itching to crawl but hasn’t gotten that bum off the floor consistently enough yet. His upper body strength amazes me though. He is constantly lifting his chest. For not crawling yet, he sure does get around. We are going to have to invest in baby gates very soon!
- Realized bath time is WAY MORE FUN when he doesn’t just lay on Mom’s tummy. He sits, he stands, he practises swimming on his front and his back, he plays with his rubber ducky, and he even had a few gulps of bath water. Whoops
- Found his feet and discovered how capable his hands are. He grabs and pulls on everything including Mom’s hair and Dad’s beard.
- Discovered his love for his dogs and the kitty. He laughs and giggles each time they lick him (which often is more like a french kiss – yuck!)
- Became ticklish! He giggles and giggles and giggles if you run your hands up and down his sides or under his chin.
- Loves playing in his exersaucers and started using the jolly jumper.
- Will take a morning nap without the boob. Bittersweet progress.
- is still co-sleeping, exclusively breastfed and 100% in cloth diapers.
- has no teeth yet.
This past month, Mommy…
- Regained energy from being sick the previous month and realized (once again) how important self-care is – even if the definition of self-care has changed. Sometimes a day at home with baby snuggles is the best medicine.
- Is happy with the healing progress of my lady-bits. I can honestly say things are looking good down there (never the same, yet good).
- Has had really bad post-partum breakouts. Both my acupuncturist and naturopath say it’s hormonally driven. My naturopath also says I am experiencing some adrenal fatigue. I’ve got some supplements and dietary changes to focus on.
- Felt like the focus has really been on my husband’s social schedule. We’ve both agreed to work towards more balance in upcoming months.
- is longing for more connection with my online tribe. I haven’t been writing or reading the blogs as much as I’d like to, but I have been able to find purpose and contribute within our local infertility support group.
- Really reconnected with my brother and sister-in-law. It’s nice to rekindle these relationships.