According to Katie, I am nominated for a Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award. Thank you Katie for nominating me and following my journey! The world of online blogging is truly a sisterhood. I’ve met so many friends through my blog.
1. Link to the person who nominated you. Done!
2. Add the award logo. Done!
3. Answer the questions your nominator has asked. Done!
4. Nominate 7 other blogs and let them know via comments. Done!
5. Ask your nominees 10 questions. Done!
I love how these awards give us an opportunity to get to know random facts about each other.
1. Why did you start blogging?
I’ve always been drawn to writing. It’s my creative outlet.
As we embarked on our fertility journey, I knew it had potential to be a bumpy ride. I turned to writing as a form of self-care. I needed to release my feelings and frustrations while connecting with other women who understood exactly what I was/am going through.
2. How did you pick the name of your blog?
I always knew our first baby would be a girl. I planned on naming her Autumn, hence the blog name, “Awaiting Autumn”.
As my blog evolved, I realized many major life events have happened in the season of Autumn – my big move to the Prairies, meeting my husband, moving into our current home, my wedding, my first IVF cycle, our pregnancy loss, etc…
If the trend continues and this FET is a success, we will also be due next Autumn. Coincidence? I sure hope so!
Side note: We named our Angel baby Emme as we both felt it suited her better. We also wanted to save Autumn in case we are blessed with the opportunity to have another daughter.
4. Sweet or savoury?
Ohhhhh man. Difficult one.
The new, healthier me is going to go with savoury.
5. Where would you love to visit?
It’s on my bucket list.
6. Do you like big, fast roller coasters?
YES I DO! On roller coasters, I prefer the front seat for the best view or the back seat for the fastest ride. My wonderful husband does not like them though. We have braved the ferris wheel together, but that’s about it.
7. What’s your favourite meal?
I love Italian (pasta, pizza, etc) or Thai food (pad thai, coconut curries, etc)
8. What’s your favourite book?
I’ve read many books in my day, but I honestly don’t have one favourite book.
My favourite kids book is Goodnight Moon.
9. What one piece of advice would you give your 18 year old self?
Be true to yourself. The only love that truly matters is how you love yourself.
10. Is chocolate ruined by fruit and nuts?
Definitely not! Chocolate covered almonds, mmmmm. Chocolate covered berries, mmmmm. It’s all good.
The Nominee’s Questions:
1. If you could live in any decade from the 1900-2010s, which one would it be and why?
2. Cats or dogs? OR BOTH!
3. If money was no object, what would your ideal day look like?
4. What is your WORST secret admirer experience?
5. If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
6. What was your first job? What did you like about it? What did you dislike about it?
7. Would you rather take 1 shot in the bum daily or 2 vaginal suppositories 3x daily? These responses will help influence a decision I need to make 🙂
8. What’s the number 1 thing you want to cross off your bucket list?
9. Hot or cold?
10. What’s your favourite holiday?
WHOHOO! Can’t wait to see your responses. 😉