First off, a BIG THANK YOU to Jena at Someday Mama for nominating me for a Liebster Award.
I decided to accept my nomination as it’s a fun way to get to know me better. Who only cares about cycle days, fertility drugs and invasive insemination procedures anyway?
I am so grateful that you actually stop by to read my ramblings and crazy (in)fertile musings. Thank you – all of you – for reading and sharing in my journey. 🙂
To accept my nomination, I’ve answered the questions Jena gave me:
1. Who would be cast to play you in the movie of your life?
It would have to be Renee Zellweger. I relate way too much to the character of Bridget Jones. I don’t think I’ve ever admitted that before – haha
2. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
The ability to heal broken hearts – in a way that the hurt would be gone but all of the knowledge and strength gained during the healing process would still exist. Super-powered emotional healing!
3. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Ugh. Check my cell phone. Horrible habit – I know.
4. Who would you most like to meet? (living or passed)
My great grand-father (a.k.a. Jaja) – John Artymowicz.
I met him when I was just a baby, but I obviously don’t remember it. He looks like such a distinct, yet caring man. I’d love to give him a big hug and have a conversation about what his life was like.
5. You are given a free ad during the Super Bowl, what does it say?
Peace, Love, Happiness… and don’t forget to just breathe.
7. What is your all time favorite breakfast cereal?
I’m a big fan of Special K – the one with the red berries. But I’ve recently taken a liking to Quinoa Cocoa Puffs.
8. If you had to change your first name, what would it be?
Queen Bitch. Just kidding. I would never change my first name. It’s part of me indefinitely.
I even found it difficult to change my last name when I got married, so I decided to get it permanently tattooed on me. And not because I’m an idiot who’s going to forget their maiden name, but because it’s a special part of me that I want to keep with me forever.
9. “People find it hard to believe that I _______.”
Am not very good at math. I completely and utterly am not meant to converse via numbers.
10. Would you rather have to sing everything you say or talk 100mph like an auctioneer?
I sing in the shower and in the car on the way home. I may have even kicked my lil’ sisters butt at both RapSuperStar and Glee karaoke on the Wii when she came to visit two weekends ago. Singing is a hidden talent of mine (perhaps another response for Question #9?).
11. Favorite scripture verse, life motto, or quote?
“After all, seasons change, so do cities; people come into your life and people go. But it’s comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you’re very lucky, a plane ride away.” – Carrie Bradshaw on Sex & The City
As an import (meaning the province I currently live in is not the one I was born or grew up in), I have many friends and family spread out across Canada and the U.S. This quote just says it all for me. And it’s a nice reminder that distance isn’t as far as it seems.
I would like to nominate the following amazing bloggers for their own Liebster Award:
Maeussle at http://swabianinexile.wordpress.com
Ladylove&Babydust at http://ladyloveandbabydust.wordpress.com/
Buckrugerlayla at http://anairmandadoctor.wordpress.com/
Jen at http://infertilitywhyme.wordpress.com/
Cassie at http://infertilegirlinafertileworld.wordpress.com/
How to play
If you choose to participate (why wouldn’t you? It’s awesome), no pressure, here are the rules to “accept” it.
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
3. Answer the questions that I give you below.
- Are you a morning person or a night person? And why?
- Name 1 destination or activity that is on your bucket list.
- What is your all-time favorite smell?
- What book(s) are you reading right now?
- What’s 1 thing you miss about being a kid?
- What physical trait do you like the best about your body? We are all beautiful. Don’t be shy now.
- Who is your ultimate celebrity crush?
- If you could only have 1 of the 5 senses (see, hear, taste, smell, touch), which one would you pick and why?
- Favorite scripture verse, life motto, or quote?
4. Nominate as many blogs that you feel deserve the award.
5. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers you have nominated to answer.
6. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here)
Once you have accepted your MAJOR award by writing and publishing your “acceptance” speech, you then should inform the people/blogs that you have nominated them for the Liebster Award. Also, you might want to provide a link for them back to this post or your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)