I was recently nominated for the following:
- Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by Tales of a 30 Year Old Nothing
- Versatile Blog Award by While We Wait
THANK YOU for recognizing me and sharing in my journey.
My questions and responses for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award:
What would be your dream job (independently wealthy not being an option)?
I have always wanted to be a writer.
Describe yourself using one word, then explain why you chose that word.
STRONG. I never imagined out fertility journey to be so trying, yet at the same time, it’s been so enlightening. I am a stronger person because of it.
What about this TTC journey has surprised you the most?
How drawn out it can be. When started trying to conceive, I never thought it would take years.
Also, how little other people know about infertility and how insensitive they can be.
Do you have siblings? How many? What are they like? (ooh a 3 fold-er)
I have a younger sister and brother who are twins.
My brother is funny. We’ve always had a great relationship.
My sister and I have always had a rocky relationship and currently aren’t speaking.
If you could travel to any place in the world, where would it be and why?
Paris is my dream vacation. I love French culture. I speak French and I’ve always wanted to visit Paris.
I’d like to visit the tourist spots, but to also immerse myself in Paris life. I would find a cozy cafe, grab a glass of red wine and write in my journal as I watch the people on the streets.
Where did you meet your SO and what was your first thought?
I met him at a small town bar. My friend owned it and I worked there on the weekends for a bit when I was first getting started in my career. Honestly, my first thought was “Who the hell is this guy?” (as he was trying to pick me up and I had no clue who he was). After that, I thought, “Wow! He has nice blue eyes.”
Name three things in your handbag right now.
Nail file. Hand moisturiser. Lip gloss.
Who’s the last person you spoke to on the phone and what were you talking about? (if I may be so bold)
My husband. I was trying to get directions through a part of town I’m not familiar with.
What do you love doing the most in the whole world?
Being outside in the sun on warm summer days.
What do you hate the most about your life right now that you have the power to change, and why haven’t you changed it yet?
My relationship issues with family. I need to focus on myself throughout our fertility treatments. I just can’t spend the energy on them right now.
7 random facts about me for the Versatile Blog Award:
- I have an abundance of black clothes. I swear I do like colour, but my closet seems to be dominated by black.
- I always have my toe nails painted
- I was the PR rep for my elementary school’s student council. Yes, I was the girl on the morning announcements.
- Yesterday, I turned 29.5 years old. There are 6 months – 1 day until my 30th birthday.
- I have never been a bridesmaid.
- The first time someone told me they loved me, I felt like it was the scene from the Little Mermaid when they sing, Kiss the Girl. Yes, I even was in a wooden boat except we didn’t have singing birds, crabs and fish. Too bad, eh?
- I play on a women’s fastball team. We won our league championships last year.
Since most of the bloggers I follow have already been nominated for one of these awards, I’m going to change things up.
I challenge you to write an answer to this question:
What is the biggest lesson you have learned from your fertility journey?