Well, this update is long overdue as we are fast approaching the 8.5 month mark.
- Is STILL in the majorly distracted phase
- Is still co-sleeping, breastfeeding and in cloth diapers. We took disposables on our trip to Ontario and found the Seventh Generation brand worked for us.
- Started crawling on all fours, pulling himself to standing without assistance and even climbed up a few stairs
- Is eating like a champ
- has 4 teeth – 2 top, 2 bottom with another 2 top attempting to poke through. Yes, he got 3 teeth in 1.5 months.
- Started using his “big boy” car seat. He hates it less than the bucket seat. We have the Clek Fllo.
- Took his first plane ride to Toronto to see Grandma and Grandpa
- Went to a Blue Jay’s game
- Had his first swim in Lake of the Bays, Ontario
- Spent 3 hours with a babysitter that wasn’t a relative
This past month, Mommy…
- Has been struggling with anxiety. It’s been a month of reflection, contemplation, deciding what I want in life – all things that cause my brain to go into overdrive. Walking remains very therapeutic, along with ensuring I get some “me” time after Wyatt goes to sleep.
- Thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Grandma and Grandpa’s cottage. It truly felt like a much needed vacation. We even got to take our first “date” without Wyatt – a kayak ride on the lake
- Reunited with her bestie after way too much time apart
- Realized that the “mobility” phase – crawling, standing, walking – is much harder for me than the newborn phase. It’s forced me to refocus my attention on Wyatt and re-prioritize what really needs to get done when he’s awake.
- Received some major career news (which I will share more about when the time is right)
- Chose a daycare for Wyatt – again, more details to come…
- Spent too much time away from her blog… but I’M BACK! 🙂