As you know, I’m a big fan of the “You are the Mother of All Mothers” book by Angela Miller. Today, a gal shared with me that there is a fundraiser taking place in the USA to get this book in OB/GYN offices. Women facing miscarriage will be given a copy along with cards from caring individuals who understand.
If you are interesting in creating a card to be given to these parents when they get a book, here is the info. It is simple:
- You can send as many cards as you would like.
- Please use a sentiment such as: thinking of you, in my prayers, in my thoughts, sending hugs, sorry for your loss.
- For the inside of the card, you can either leave it blank or hand-write a simple message. Not much – just simple and kind. The message can be something listed above, along with your first name and hometown. (Such as: “Sending lots of prayers from Jennifer in Cincinnati.”)
- Please send cards in unsealed envelopes to:
Lasting Hearts Card Drive
2892 N Bellflower Blvd Ste 216
Long Beach Ca 90815
- Include a post-it note on the card(s) with your name and email address so you can be eligible for a prize!
- If you would like to include a donation via mail, you are welcome to but not required to.
Creating cards is something we can do easily and a great way to share kindness.
If you are looking for more details or way to donate, visit this website: http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2016/01/lasting-hearts-card-drive-giveaway.html
Note: If anyone has any ideas on how we can set something up like this in Canada – let me know! I’d love to help get it going.