How Far Along: 39 weeks and 4 days
Meds: All taken daily – prenatal vitamin, Omega 3 + DHA, Ranitidine (2x/day), Magnesium (750 – 1000mg at bedtime), Gaviscon for heartburn as required (which is OFTEN!). Iron – every other day.
Baby is the size of: a WATERMELON or a small pumpkin
Best Moments This Week:
- Random cashier asking me if I was due soon and if I was sure it wasn’t twins. (I actually found her reaction to be funny).
- Random lady stopping her SUV on the side of the road to ask how I was doing. She said she has seen us walking every night and wished us good luck. I have no clue who she is except she lives somewhere in our neighbourhood.
- Taking the chihuahuas for nightly walks with my husband
- Watching the Jays in MLB playoffs
Total Weight Gain: 20 lbs (+3 lbs over 2.5 weeks)
Maternity Clothes: It feels like my maternity clothes are getting small. My shirts are a bit too short, so I tend to wear my belly band if I go out. The panel in my pants doesn’t quite cover my entire belly any more.
- My back/SI joint is feeling better, but my SPD pain is back again – especially on the left side. It’s still not as bad as it was when I was working though.
- Tired. Oh, so tired.
- Random Insomnia.
- Lots and lots of Braxton Hicks
- Baby is continuously lower = random cervical pain/pressure
- Low iron = anaemic
- Leaky boobs if I don’t wear a bra
Sleep: Still up every 1-1.5 hours to pee. Super uncomfortable. Difficult to get out of bed.
Food Cravings: Garlic dipping sauce from Pizza Pizza, chocolate, fruit punch, water
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still some random night pukes. The smell of Starbucks made me nauseous this morning. Eating too fast or too much. I really can only have very small meals.
Movement: He’s active on and off throughout the day. It’s easy to tell where his bum and his feet are now.
Stretch Marks: Yes, I’ve got tiger stripes. And this week, they are extra itchy!
Baby Bump: Growing and growing… hopefully deflating soon! haha
Labour Signs: Lots of Braxton Hicks. Sometimes at night, I feel like I get real contractions, but they always are gone by the morning. Random cervical pressure. Baby has gotten EVEN lower. Straight up, depending how I’m sitting my belly will actually touch my thighs. It’s crazy!
Belly Button In or Out?: Innie, but not much left.
Wedding Rings on or off?: Off.
Happy or Moody? On Saturday morning, I had a meltdown during my early morning insomnia. I was over tired, uncomfortable and just ready to be done. Going back to bed for a few hours fixed my mood. Overall, I’m in a decent mood. I don’t have much energy or drive to do much though. Who seriously nests this close to the end? NOT ME!
Purchases for baby:
- Received a few more gifts
- Bought a dinosaur stuffed animal… just because
Purchases for Momma:
- Nothing this week
Miss Anything?: Sleep, energy, enjoying a good meal, sitting comfortably, laying flat, walking at my normal pace, comfortably putting undies or pants on, bending over without a struggle,
Looking forward to: The actual arrival of our little man! I’m also really curious to see how labour goes especially what the first signs and symptoms will be for me.