How Far Along: 36 weeks and 5 days
Meds: All taken daily – prenatal vitamin, Omega 3 + DHA, Ranitidine (2x/day), Magnesium (250mg at bedtime as per my chiro’s recommendation), Gaviscon for heartburn as required (which is OFTEN!).
Baby is the size of: a ripe papaya or a honeydew melon
Best Moments This Week:
- Daily morning baths to loosen my hips/pelvis/back. I relax in the tub for 45 mins to an hour each morning
- Putting the finishing touches on the nursery – just need to take some photos!
- My Blessingway ceremony this past Sunday.
Funniest Moment this Week: When my boss video conferenced me this afternoon, but I only accepted via audio because I wasn’t wearing a bra and realized my boobs were leaking on my shirt. 😀
Total Weight Gain: a total of 16.2 lbs – +.06 from last week.
Maternity Clothes: You know it. It’s all I fit these days.
- My lower back and pelvic pain is here to stay. Yesterday I had massage, chiro and physio. I was feeling better until I sat at my desk all morning. Hopefully things can loosen up once I’m officially off work. I’m super slow moving as baby keeps dropping lower and lower. Getting out of bed or rolling over is the worst!
- Occasional pukes are back. I’ve woken myself up 2x this past week puking in the middle of the night.
Sleep: Not comfortable at all any more. Heavy belly, frequent peeing.
Food Cravings: Peaches, caramel candy apples – this one is really bizarre for me! But I discovered a local grocery store makes them and sells them for $3.99.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Middle of the night pukes, but not sure what is causing it as I have barely been eating anything for supper. I basically just have small snacks throughout the day.
Movement: He’s fairly active now. Since his last drop, I’m having a hard time finding exactly where his bum is now.
Stretch Marks: Yes, I’ve got tiger stripes.
Baby Bump: Growing and growing… You can notice the drop in the comparison photo.
Labour Signs: Some braxton hicks, but nothing else besides baby dropping again.
Belly Button In or Out?: Innie, but not much left.
Wedding Rings on or off?: Off. I’ve given up on any sense of style/normalcy.
Happy or Moody?: Low energy can make me moody. I find my patience level is back at a zero. I struggle with needing to get out and socialize versus wanting to stay home and hibernate. I get frustrated with not being able to do as much as I want to physically when I do have energy spurts. I’m very happy that I’m almost done work and baby is almost here.
Purchases for baby:
- No purchases this week.
Purchases for Momma:
- A new microSD card for my phone to store baby pics (because yes, my old one is full and I doubt I’ll have time to transfer them all before he comes… and yes you can laugh and ask WHY I don’t use a cloud solution. I don’t have the answer to that).
Miss Anything?: Sleep, energy, eating large meals, cuddling,
Looking forward to:
- Being off work – 3.5 days left.
- A baby shower my girlfriends are throwing for me this Sunday
- Our local Perinatal Loss Awareness Walk on October 3rd (as long as baby stays in til then)
- The actual arrival of our little man