How Far Along: 35 weeks and 5 days
Meds: All taken daily – prenatal vitamin, Omega 3 + DHA, Ranitidine (2x/day), Magnesium (250mg at bedtime as per my chiro’s recommendation), Gaviscon for heartburn as required (which is OFTEN!).
Baby is the size of: a bunch of carrots or a honeydew melon
Best Moments This Week:
- Finding out our mobile FINALLY shipped!
- I’ve become a bath addict. I have a warm bath first thing every morning to loosen up my back/pelvis
- Our maternity photo shoot on Sunday. A friend’s sister asked if she could take photos of us to build her portfolio. Can’t wait to see them.
Total Weight Gain: actual weigh in this morning put me at a total of 15.6 lbs
Maternity Clothes: I caved and bought a new maternity dress off the sale rack at Motherhood Maternity for our maternity photos this past weekend. I attempted to wear jeans, but there is NO WAY they will fit me right now. My bump is too low. They ended up giving me an awkward double bump. It’s sweat pants and maxi skirts til the end.
- Sore hips/lower back/pelvis – I just had 3 of the worst days yet. I had major lower back (SI joint) pain and front pelvic pain. A visit to the chiro barely did anything. She says most pregos are loose and their issue is falling out of place; whereas, my body just likes to lock up in the wrong position. I’m finding some relief today after using the heating pad, doing the exercises from the video below and a ton of stretching last night.
- Leaky boobs
- Constipation. I increased my magnesium to hopefully help get things moving.
- Tired – oh so tired! Where is my energy spurt?
- Lots of bruises on my legs from clumsiness + low iron
Sleep: Not comfortable at all any more. My belly feels so heavy when I turn over. I get up to pee like every hour or two.
Food Cravings: Water! So thirsty these days! I’ve been craving salad again too.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I puked from the smell of pepperoni sticks, but otherwise I’ve been good lately.
Movement: He’s active. Moving all around.
Stretch Marks: Ain’t no denying I’ve got tiger stripes. Still using BioOil especially because they get itchy!
Labour Signs: Braxton Hicks have increased. Baby seems lower again this week. It’s almost like I could hold up my belly when I walk. No spotting or anything though. I am hoping he comes early. 37-38 weeks would be nice. 🙂
Belly Button In or Out?: Innie, but not much left.
Wedding Rings on or off?: Off but I wore them for our maternity shoot on Sunday. I may be able to fit them again now that it’s cooling off.
Happy or Moody?: After going to that meditation last week, I’ve been doing well. I get moody when I get overtired though. I’ve been feeling really low energy though. I went crazy last month to prepare for baby and the past week I’ve barely done anything (not that I have much left to do). I’ve only got my hospital bag 1/2 packed.
Purchases for baby:
- No purchases from Mommy and Daddy, but we did receive some bath toys and clothes from my husband’s Aunt.
Purchases for Momma:
- A maternity dress
Miss Anything?: Sleep, energy
Looking forward to:
- Being off work. At the recommendation of my chiro, I decided to ditch out 3 days early. My last official day is next Friday September 25 (instead of Wed, Sept 30)
- Our local Perinatal Loss Awareness Walk on October 3rd (as long as baby stays in til then)
- The actual arrival of our little man