Back in my 2nd edition of Baby Buys, I mentioned that I had decided to go with the Philips Avent – SCD570/10 Dect Baby Monitor. I purchased it from West Coast Kids (WCK) at the beginning of June. After numerous phone calls and emails (many of which we not responded to), I finally decided to cancel the order. WCK originally told me it would be on back order for 6-8 weeks, but it had been over 12 with no idea of when it may be available. Lesson learned: I need to listen to the many warnings that WCK has horrible customer service.
Instead, I went with the Motorola 2.8″ Wireless Audio/Video Baby Monitor with Pan/Tile (MBP41) in White. I found it on sale at Best Buy for $128.99, regular price $258.99.
The Baby Bargains book gave Motorola video monitors a B rating. My brother and sister-in-law actually have this model and really like it. I actually saved $4 between the first model I tried to purchase and this one, so I figured the price was right to try it out.
I wasn’t convinced that I NEEDED a video monitor, but a good friend kept nagging me about how convenient they are to use. It kinda creeps me out to think about constantly watching our child though. I’ll let you know how it works out for us once we actually start using it.
Check out our other purchases:
- Baby Buys: Part 1 – Highchair, Playyard, Swing, Bouncer, Changing Pad
- Baby Buys: Part 2 – Bassinet, Stroller, Bathtub, Monitor, Diaper bag
- Baby Buys: Part 3 – Car seat and adapter
- Baby Buys: Part 4 – Nursery furniture and storage
- Baby Buys: Part 5 – Breastfeeding basics
- Baby Buys: Part 6 – Nursery bedding
- Baby Buys: Part 7 – Preparing to cloth diaper
- Baby Buys: Part 8 – Diaper pail