How Far Along: 34 weeks and 6 days
Meds: All taken daily – prenatal vitamin, Omega 3 + DHA, Ranitidine (2x/day), Magnesium (250mg at bedtime as per my chiro’s recommendation), Gaviscon for heartburn as required (which is OFTEN!).
Baby is the size of: a savoy cabbage or a honeydew melon
Best Moments This Week:
- Hanging curtains and the art in the nursery. It’s almost ready to show everyone.
- Having a random girl get all excited about my bump in Old Navy. She is the first stranger to acknowledge my pregnancy in public. It was nice, yet awkward at the same time.
- Receiving a few bags of size newborn to 2T clothes from my sister-in-law. I was quite surprised by how generous she was. It was much appreciated.
- When my husband unexpectedly showed up to my OB appointment. He was rained out at the farm and surprised me. ❤
- Finding out this friend is pregnant again. I was so happy to hear their good news.
Worst Moment of the Week: Yesterday was the first time I’ve really felt HUGE. All of a sudden the fact that I have a protruding belly hit me. We were meeting friends for supper and I felt like I had nothing comfortable to wear. I kept calling myself a “stuffed sausage”. In retrospect, I know I was over tired and hungry, but I definitely was having a low self esteem moment. My changing belly shape didn’t help either. I also really need a haircut (my hair has grown so fast during pregnancy). It’s top of my list to get myself booked in. If my hair looks/feels good, it can totally help with the whole package.
Total Weight Gain: a total of approx 16 lbs based on my scale at home, not the OBs. I went for lunch with a friend before my OB appointment on Friday. I ain’t taking his scale as legit because this Momma had just eaten a big cheeseburger. haha 🙂
Maternity Clothes: I bought a wrap sweater at Old Navy on the weekend. Our nights are turning cooler and although I can still do my pre-pregnancy hoodies up, they are not overly comfortable. I’m going to try to tough it out til the end now. No more maternity purchases. I’ve got 4 pairs of comfy pants in rotation (not including my maternity jeans which are pretty much unworn). I worked retail for 6+ years over high school and University. I was always used to having a TON of clothes. Maternity clothing has been an interesting experience for me. It’s the first time I’ve really worked hard to make the most with less items of clothing.
- Baby has dropped.
- Sore hips/lower back/pelvis – the sorest muscle is to the right side of my pelvic bone. Let’s just say it looks a little awkward when I try to massage it. My back is super sore by the end of each day and when I wake up in the morning. I’ve started having baths to relieve some of the pain. My husband has also been good at helping me with stretches and releases that my chiropractor or physiotherapist have shown me. My chiro doesn’t want me wearing a support belt yet, but has suggested I wear my belly band or wrap my tummy if it’s bothering me.
- Belly shape has changed. I still have a slight B, but since baby dropped, the bottom half looks saggy/hanging. It’s no quite as tight anymore (then again, I have a chubby tummy. Was it ever?) I googled it. Turns out this is also a “thing”. I don’t very much like the appearance of it, but I’ll take a lower belly over feeling like my stomach is in my throat.
- Lots of mental energy, but not much physical energy.
- Slight prego insomnia – like once a week, I find I wake up at 3 am and have a hard time going back to sleep. This week it was Friday night. I got up and journalled. I returned to bed around 6am and fell back asleep for 2 hours. Weekend nights aren’t bad, but it sucks if it happens on a week night.
- Leaky boobs
- Constipation. Yes, I stopped taking my iron because of it.
- Less heartburn, carpal tunnel is almost gone
Sleep: Not comfortable at all any more.
Food Cravings: Peaches, chocolate, ice cold water,
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing new this week.
Movement: Typically, I find he’s quiet if I’m in a loud social setting. However, this weekend he was a rockin’ and a rollin’ when my husband and I went out after a football game. The pub was loud and baby was moving all over the place. He was particularly found of this one “funny guy”. Every time he talked, the baby moved. I did inform him that even though the baby was fond of him we would NOT be naming our little man after him.
Stretch Marks: Yup – moving higher up now. Itchy. I’ve been using BioOil on them, but honestly not noticing a difference at all.
Gender: BOY – although my husband thinks it’s funny to bring up, “What if it is a girl?”
Labour Signs: Braxton Hicks have increased. Nothing else though.
Belly Button In or Out?: Innie, but not much left. My massage therapist keeps saying it looks like it’s sticking it’s tongue out because my ectopic scar is all bubbled and gross.
Wedding Rings on or off?: Off. Even though it’s cooling off, I’d rather be safe than sorry.
Happy or Moody?: A bit up and down. Generally still in a good mood unless I’m hangry or over tired. My anxiety has been triggered quite often lately. I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about family issues, only to tell myself to stop wasting my time and energy as I’ve got more important things to put my energy towards.
Purchases for baby:
- New baby monitor (long story to come…)
- A few more size Newborn sleepers – just in case
Purchases for Momma:
- A maternity sweater
- More Gaviscon – no joke.
Looking forward to:
- Being off work… but not all the work I have to do before then.
- Taking a few maternity photos this weekend to help a friend build her portfolio
- Our local Perinatal Loss Awareness Walk on October 3rd (as long as baby stays in til then)
- The actual arrival of our little man