How Far Along: 33 weeks and 6 days
Meds: All taken daily – prenatal vitamin, Omega 3 + DHA, Ranitidine (2x/day), Magnesium (250mg at bedtime as per my chiro’s recommendation), Gaviscon for heartburn as required (which is OFTEN!).
Baby is the size of: a cauliflower or a honeydew melon
Best Moments This Week:
- The nesting continues… All of a sudden, I enjoy doing laundry??? This is insane!
- Receiving our rocking chair, diaper pail and a few baby gifts in the mail
- Re-arranging the nursery (AGAIN!) and figuring out where to hang the art
Total Weight Gain: a total of 12.6 lbs- I did weigh myself earlier in the 33rd week and I wasn’t up at all?? I have the OB on Friday, so we will see what his scale says.
Maternity Clothes: I live in stretchy cotton. I feel like a stereotypical Mom already. Most days, all I wear is stretchy comfy clothes, a pony tail and no make up. I really need to plan a date night with my husband before baby comes where we can go out and I can feel “normal” again.
- Low iron = tired – I find I am still physically tired, but I have a burst of mental energy this week
- Peeing constantly
- Sore hips/lower back – especially when sleeping
- Carpal tunnel in my right wrist – this has significantly reduced, but is starting to come back. I would like to attribute the reduction in fluid to acupuncture,,, and the return to the hot temps we’ve had this week. 😦 I still have to wear my brace at night, but I can get away without it for most of the day.
Sleep: Not comfortable at all anymore. My belly just feels big and heavy. I pee constantly. I find myself waking up on my back often – except my pillow fort means my back is elevated at least 45 degrees. It’s almost like sleep-sitting.
Food Cravings: Ice cold water! I am so thirsty these days.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing new this week. Had a few acid reflux pukes.
Movement: Lots of hiccups. Not as much movement at night. He seems to be awake during the day more now.
Stretch Marks: Yup – moving higher up now.
Baby Bump: Growing and growing… I didn’t darken my hair. It’s just wet in the 2nd photo.
Labour Signs: Nothing yet except maybe a few Braxton Hicks.
Belly Button In or Out?: Innie, but not much depth left.
Wedding Rings on or off?: Off due to the heat.
Happy or Moody?: I’ve noticed I’m a bit more emotional. Thinking about certain things will bring tears to my eyes. Overall, I’m in a fairly balanced mood though.
Purchases for baby:
- Drapes for the nursery
way too expensiveBlue Jays knit hat from Etsy. My husband has been searching for newborn Jays gear, but a lot of it is sold out due to their winning streak. We decided to splurge on this hat and use it for our newborn photos.
- A 2nd car seat base for our Chicco Keyfit 30 – purchased used from a couple who rarely used it.
Purchases for Momma:
- A maternity sweater used for $5
- More Gaviscon (HAHA!)
Miss Anything?: Sleeping comfortably, not having sore hips/pelvis, no heartburn/acid reflux, being able to receive a hug without my belly getting in the way. My husband keeps joking he has to lean in extra far to kiss me. Isn’t that ironic? Kids always getting in the way of intimacy. 😀
Looking forward to:
- Receiving our mobile
- Being off work in 4 weeks WHOHOO!
- My OB appointment on Friday
- The long weekend