Alright folks, I need your opinion. We are doing disposable diapers for the newborn phase and will transition into cloth as baby gets bigger.
Here’s the options I’m considering for dirty diaper disposal/storage:
- Wet bag only
- Pro: Economical – I already have two, Space-saving, Easy to clean,
- Con: Won’t work for disposables
- Diaper Dekor Plus
- Pro: Large capacity, Pedal for easy access with childproof lock, Reasonably priced
- Con: Plastic, Have to buy disposable refills
- Pro: Steel holds less odor, Can use regular garbage bags (less refill cost), Childproof lock
- Most expensive
I thought I might just use a wet bag, but that doesn’t help during the newborn phase when we have disposables. We could just use a regular garbage pail during that period though.
What diaper pail do you recommend and why? What option is most versatile for cloth/disposable combo? Is a diaper pail worth the investment?