How Far Along: 31 weeks and 4 days
Meds: All taken daily – prenatal vitamin, Omega 3 + DHA, Ranitidine (2x/day), Magnesium (250mg at bedtime as per my chiro’s recommendation), Gaviscon for heartburn as required (which is OFTEN!).
Baby is the size of: Romaine lettuce or a winter squash
Best Moments This Week:
- Having my 3 year old niece ask me how my baby is doing
- Celebrating my nephew’s 2nd birthday. He just started talking and was so excited to open presents (even if he got WAY too many).
- Tackling items off my Baby To-Do list: stripped cloth diaper liners, washed pocket covers, started taking tags off any clothes we’ve bought to wash them
- Meeting my friend’s IVF baby girl for the first time. She was so small and adorable!
- Attending another friend’s baby shower. These women have been super supportive of me and I’m excited for play dates with their little ones.
Total Weight Gain: a total of 12.6 lbs. (Didn’t weigh myself again this week!)
Maternity Clothes: I finally caved and bought 2 nursing bras. I went to a local Baby/Mama store which specializes in fitting boobs of all sizes. I used to wear a 36 GG pre-pregnancy. I’m currently measuring a 41 in my band!!!!!!!!!!!! The lovely Sales Associate explained to me that my rib cage will go back down once baby arrives. She recommended I buy size 38 and use an extender for now. I picked up a Cake Nursing Bra (underwire) in size 38 I and a Bravado Bliss Nursing Bra (no underwire) in 38 H/I. I have some cup room to grow into, but I may need one size bigger when my milk first comes in. The goal was to find me something that will work now and hopefully further down the road. The Associate also recommended no underwire for the first 6-8 weeks, but for now the Cake bra is AMAZINGLY comfortable.
- Low iron = SO TIRED. Not sure if iron supplements are working. I could easily nap more than once a day.
- Peeing constantly
- Sore back/ribs
- Carpal tunnel in my right wrist. It started this weekend with tingling in my hand. I confirmed it with my Chiro this morning. She gave me some stretches to do and said to get a brace if it gets bad. Good thing I’m right handed!
Sleep: We just finished a heat wave. The first cool night, I slept AWESOME! (translation: only got up to pee once that night). I still find sleeping to be difficult due to being uncomfortable.
Food Cravings: Black forest cake, Peaches
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing new this week
Movement: He’s been less active the past few days, but his activity picked up this morning. I try poking him to wake him up, but we find playing music is the best solution.
Stretch Marks: Moving up higher now – lower tummy and parallel with my belly button
Baby Bump: Growing and growing… Sorry for the bad pic. The sun was shining in our back door this morning.
Labour Signs: Too early.
Belly Button In or Out?: Innie, but my ectopic scar is almost completely exposed now. I don’t have much depth left.
Wedding Rings on or off?: Off due to the heat.
Happy or Moody?: I’ve been good lately except I’ve realized that I am even more sensitive to group energy since getting pregnant. I need to take more time to protect and cleanse myself. My nephew’s birthday party was a big crowd. I had to meditate the next morning to release some anxiety I had picked up.
Purchases for baby:
- Clothes – someone take my VISA away! When I looked at our current stash, I realized my kid pretty much only has sleepers right now. I picked up a snowsuit, pants and a few onesies from GAP and the Children’s Place.
- A custom mobile from Etsy. I’ll post photos once we receive it! It may have a rainbow/unicorn theme which took a bit of convincing with my husband. 😀
- Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags – on sale at London Drugs
- Medela Calma Nipple – on sale at London Drugs, since we already have a ton of Medela bottles that came with our pump
- Letters to make a name sign (which I will keep hidden until after our little guy arrives)
- A few extra frames for the nursery
Purchases for Momma:
- Items for my hospital bag – pads, lip balm, Depends. Yes I bought female diapers. My friend recommended the Depends Silhouette briefs for those first few days post-partum. My husband keeps asking me to try them on, so he can make fun of me. I’m refusing.
- Nursing bras
Miss Anything?: Not feeling like my stomach is in the back of my throat, not having little footsies in my ribs
Looking forward to:
- Receiving our rocking chair to finish the nursery.
- Receiving our mobile
- Being off work in 6 weeks