How Far Along: 30 weeks and 4 days
Meds: All taken daily – prenatal vitamin, Omega 3 + DHA, Ranitidine (2x/day), Magnesium (250mg at bedtime as per my chiro’s recommendation), Gaviscon for heartburn as required (which is OFTEN!).
Baby is the size of: a cantaloupe or a winter squash
Best Moments This Week:
- Feeling baby kick even harder and having my 3 year old niece feel him kick
- Planning my Blessingway with my doula
- Attending my husband’s cousin’s wedding – yes this baby bump even got up on the dance floor!
- Attending my friend’s gender reveal party (add another one to Team Blue!)
- Realizing we are in the single digits for weekly countdown – HOLY SHIT! There’s only 9 weeks and 3 days til my due date.
Total Weight Gain: an increase of 2.4 lbs over the past two weeks for a total of 12.6 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: All the time now. Still loving anything cotton and stretchy. I honestly have not worn jeans since May.
- Low iron = fatigue and some lightheadedness.
- Peeing constantly
- Sore back/shoulders – especially sore ribs. I’ve been doing lots of stretching to release this tension. By the end of the day, I just feel like my belly is so big and it’s pushing upwards on everything.
- Sore belly – always growing!
- Less heartburn!
- Noticed some swelling in my ankles the day after the wedding.
Sleep: I slept great in a hotel this weekend, but I’m not sleeping as well at home. I get up to pee approximately every 2 hours. The dreams are still cr-cr-crazy! I tend to have the most bizarre dreams in the last sleep round before my alarm goes off. I anticipate my body doesn’t reach the deep sleep during that time because it knows it’s almost time to get up.
Food Cravings: French toast, salad, turkey stuffing – which I got at the wedding! WHOHOO!
Anything making you queasy or sick: The smell of porta-potties: one of the joys of being pregnant at a country wedding (Yes I puked in my mouth a few times). Puking acid in the morning after forgetting to take my Ranitidine at bedtime last night.
Movement: He must be shy because he’s usually quite calm when I’m around a lot of people (i.e. at the wedding), but when I’m home or in a quiet situation, he’s moving constantly. You can see my belly move sometimes now. He also kicked Bella the chihuahua when she was laying on my lap one morning.
Stretch Marks: On my lower tummy
Baby Bump: Growing and growing… I feel like I’m HUGE now
Labour Signs: Too early.
Belly Button In or Out?: Innie
Wedding Rings on or off?: Off due to the heat.
Happy or Moody?: I’ve been good lately. No major mood swings.
Purchases for baby: More clothes, a storage bin and a mirror for the nursery
Purchases for Momma: Nothing this week
Miss Anything?: Being able to sleep reclined, being able to get out of bed without major effort
Looking forward to:
- Receiving our custom built rocking chair to finish the nursery.
- Being off work in 7 weeks