How Far Along: 29 weeks and 5 days
Meds: All taken daily – prenatal vitamin, Omega 3 + DHA, Ranitidine (2x/day), Magnesium (250mg at bedtime as per my chiro’s recommendation), Gaviscon for heartburn as required (which is OFTEN!).
Baby is the size of: a pineapple or a winter squash
Best Moments This Week:
- Making a few more purchases for baby
- My husband getting excited about feeling him kick
- Realizing I ONLY have just over 10 weeks left til my due date
- Having my crib bedding arrive (more to come on this one!)
- Watching the cat play under the crib. It’s his new favourite spot… which may be a bad thing.
Total Weight Gain: Didn’t weigh myself this week – AGAIN! My appetite has increased, so I expect a gain. As of 2 weeks ago, I was up 10.2 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: All the time now. Still loving anything cotton and stretchy.
- GROWTH SPURT! I swear I got huge this past week – or it just feels like that.
- Less heartburn! I started going to acupuncture again and I would like to attribute the lessening of the heartburn/acid reflux to the treatment.
- Leaky boobs!!! Yesterday, I was having a lazy, no-bra day at home. I looked down and I had wet spots on my shirt multiple times throughout the day. I haven’t noticed it yet today now that my bra is on though.
- Sore back and shoulders
- Peeing constantly. It feels like every half hour some days!
Sleep: Haven’t been sleeping great this week. Lots of tossing and turning. It’s hard to get comfortable.
Food Cravings: Peaches, Snickers chocolate bars (this one is bad! haha), French Toast – which I have yet to fulfill
Anything making you queasy or sick: Smell of meat, cleaning left-overs out of the fridge, really stinky smells
Movement: He’s a rockin’ and a rollin’ in there. He was quiet mid-way through the week due to another growth spurt, but he kicked me all day long yesterday. My husband tends to miss the big kicks, but he loves feeling them when he can. The baby also loves to switch between punching my bladder and kicking my ribs. #shortwaistedproblems
Stretch Marks: Yes, on my lower tummy.
Baby Bump: Growing and growing…
Labour Signs: Too early.
Belly Button In or Out?: Innie
Wedding Rings on or off?: Off due to the heat.
Happy or Moody?: Very good week. We escaped to our friend’s cabin for the weekend. It felt great to unwind and relax by the lake.
Purchases for baby: A print from HomeSense to hang in the baby’s room; cloth diapers (more to come on this one too!),
Purchases for Momma: A breast pump
Miss Anything?: Being able to sleep fully reclined, not having it be such a huge effort to get up from a seated/lying position,
Looking forward to: Our OB appointment later today!