I hope to breastfeed our little man and decided it was time to get a few items to prepare us for that adventure.
I also scored this pillow from a local online classified site for $10. At Babies R Us, it retails for $54.99
I think the woman ended up not breastfeeding as her little one was just teeny tiny and the pillow was in excellent used condition. Besides, for $10 – who could go wrong?
I found this used breastfeeding pump for $150 from the same online classifieds site. This exact model retails at Babies R Us for $379.99. I saved well over $230 with this purchase! SCORE! The pump is in excellent used condition. The woman only used it for 6 weeks. The reason I selected this model is that it actually has better reviews than the more expensive Medela Freestyle pump.
It comes with:
- 1 black micro-fibre bag with integrated motor
- 2 breastshields with assembly
- 4 bottles with solid lids
- 2 valves
- 4 membranes
- 1 cooler bag with contoured ice pack
- 2 bottle stands
- 1 Battery Pak
- 1 AC/DC transformer
- Instruction Manual
The woman was also kind enough to give me:
- Half a pack of breast pads
- 6 extra bottles with lids
- A unopened pack of freezer bags
- A unopened pack of membranes
- A sample of Lanolin cream
I also picked up some Lanolin cream today as it was on sale and doesn’t expire until 2018. I don’t plan on buying any nursing bras until closer to/after my due date.
*Note: all prices are in Canadian dollars.
Are there any other breastfeeding MUST HAVES that you recommend I purchase?
Check our other baby buys:
- Baby Buys: Part 1 – Highchair, Playyard, Swing, Bouncer, Changing Pad
- Baby Buys: Part 2 – Bassinet, Stroller, Bathtub, Monitor, Diaper bag
- Baby Buys: Part 3 – Car seat and adapter
- Baby Buys: Part 4 – Nursery furniture and storage