Whew. Crossing this one off the list was a HUGE relief.
The car seat.
Essential, yet when it came down to making a decision, I felt so stuck!
Since we purchased the 2015 UppaBaby Vista, our car seat compatibility options were:
- Graco Classic Connect Snugride
- Chicco Keyfit and KeyFit 30
- Maxi-Cosi Mico and Mico NXT
- Peg Perego Primo Viaggio and Primo Viaggio SIP
I know in the US there are many more options including the Uppababy Mesa, but we are more limited in Canada.
The quality of Graco models varies greatly. We like the weight of them, but found they didn’t offer much padding for support. The Maxi-Cosi is super light-weight, but we felt the handle was awkward to adjust and the canopy sucked. We also didn’t like how wobbley it felt on the stroller with the available adapters. The Peg Perego is the Cadillac of car seats, but it was beyond our budget.
In the end, we chose the Chicco Keyfit 30 in Techna which is on sale at Babies R Us for $219.97 (regular price $289.99).
I ordered it online this morning and paid only $2.93 in shipping due to a 10 off shipping promo. $2.93 is worth me not having to drive down to the store and deal with sales people. 🙂
We chose the Chicco Keyfit for the following reasons:
- It fits babies from 4-30 lbs or 30” long
- It was highly rated as #2 on Lucie’s List and received an A in the Baby Bargain’s book
- It was highly recommended by two IVF friends of mine
- Although it’s not the lightest car seat out there, it’s packed with many ease-of-use and safety features
- It was on sale!
- The Uppababy adapter was easy to find
I ordered the Uppababy stroller adapter from The Safety Superstore. I had never heard of this store before, but they have a storefront location in Oakville, Ontario. The car seat adapter was only $52.95 (with free shipping) when it’s comparably $75 at other baby stores. (And yes, I triple checked to make sure it was the 2015 model).
Now, we are set: baby has wheels and baby can ride in vehicles.
Stay tuned for nursery updates! We are assembling the crib tomorrow!
Check out our other purchases:
- Baby Buys: Part 1 – Highchair, Playyard, Swing, Bouncer, Changing Pad
- Baby Buys: Part 2 – Bassinet, Stroller, Bathtub, Monitor, Diaper bag