I made it through this holiday season in brighter spirits than I thought I would.
I woke up from my anxiety-ridden mindset and remembered how horrible Christmas was last year. Not wanting this to become a trend, I set the intention to make this year’s Christmas about love.
And I felt it. ❤
This year wasn’t about extravagant gifts, indulging in too many goodies, or playing the “put on a fake happy face” game. It was about being present and finding peace in the moment.
The highlights of my Christmas include:
- Hanging my lil’ Peanut on the tree and surrounding her with Angels and football ornaments… clearly that was her Dad! 🙂
- Taking my niece to see Max & Ruby’s Nutcracker Christmas at a local theatre
- Building Megabloks towers with my nephew
- Sharing stories and having a few good laughs with my husband’s aunts & uncles
- Volunteering my time at the Reiki share
- My husband calling our niece on Christmas morning to wish her a Merry Christmas. Beautiful, yet heart wrenching at the same time
- Hearing my Mother-in-law sincerely say, “I hope to have another grandchild on the way soon“. This made me realize she does care even if she struggles with how to show it
- Heartfelt gifts that showed how much those close to me actually do know me. I am so grateful for each and every gift I received this year.
- Enjoying quiet time with my family – my husband, the chis and our ragdoll
It was our baby girl’s first Christmas in Heaven, yet I managed to have a legit smile on my face. That doesn’t mean my baby girl wasn’t on my mind. It just means that I chose to change my perspective. I chose to turn to love instead of sorrow.
The past few months have been filled with too much darkness. I didn’t want our first Christmas without our baby to feel sad, angry and hopeless.
Instead, it felt perfect.
I will forever cherish this Christmas.
I miss you baby Emme. XO