I am a POAS addict. Some months, I keep it together and only test 1-2 times. Other months, curiosity gets the best of me.
I’m currently injecting 15 units of HCG each morning. I know this means that my home pregnancy tests (HPT) will have at least a faint positive. I want to see how it progresses.
Initially this morning, it took a little while for the line to appear. BUT, I was convinced it wasn’t going to appear. I sulked back to my bed, mad at myself for letting my curiosity get the best of me. I stayed in bed for 45 minutes. I was scared to go back in the bathroom and see the result. The test was still faintly positive, but slightly darker than 2 days ago.
Now I get why the clinics recommend not POAS-ing. It’s a complete mind-fuck. As of right now, I’ve told myself I will wait until 8dp5dt (Saturday) to test again.
To keep my mind off whether or not I’m pregnant, I’ve created a list of things to do before my Beta:
- Finish unpacking
- Organize my sock drawer (long overdue!)
- Continue watching Mad Men on Netflix
- Have a Netflix movie marathon on the weekend
- Play with my animals
- Go to the Farmer’s Market
- Start Christmas shopping online
- Browse Pinterest (this can waste hours!)
- Stay engaged at work (translation: STAY OFF GOOGLE!)
- Avoid Facebook (no joke – since our IVF cycle started, we’ve had 7 pregnancy announcements)
- Call my bestie
- Research baby gear (This is a double-edged sword. So fun, yet also builds the anticipation)
- Make a Fall wreath to hang on the front door (Pinterest inspired obviously)
- Make a wreath to give to my MIL for Christmas
- Plan some date nights for my husband and I (as inspired by Ever Upward)
- Back-up the photos on my cell phone
- Clean off my old laptop
- Research how to replace front step (I’ve told my husband this NEEDS to be done once I’m prego)
- Update my fertility expenses spreadsheet
- Submit my acupuncture claims
- Write a daily blog post
- And most of all… JUST BE!
I don’t expect to get everything on this list done. I plan to use it to distract myself if I sense a case of the baby-crazies coming on. Most importantly, I plan to honour myself and my body. If I’m tired, I’ll take a nap. If I need a night alone, I’ll stay home. Right now, I want to stay in a healthy, happy mindset.
Tonight, I’m letting my husband hide the HPTs. He can give them to me one at a time when we both decide it’s ok to test.
8 days til Beta ❤
Do you have any other ideas to pass the time?