This afternoon, I was delighted to discover that My Perfect Breakdown has recognized my blog with the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I’m deeply honoured to share my story with all of you. I hope my writing inspires others to remain hopeful on their fertility journeys, and in life overall.
Award Acceptance Guidelines
1. Thank and link the amazing person(s) who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself that you have not mentioned in your blog before.
15 18 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated. The original rules said to nominate 15 blogs, but I just couldn’t cut it down! I’m also tired and lazy tonight, so I hope you read this post and discover your nomination!
5. Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated.
7 Fun Facts about Lindsey (that’s me!)
- Straight up – I am a computer geek. I work in software development/web design/web writing/online marketing. I’m finally in a good place where I come home, unplug and reconnect with myself each night.
- I used to play both the piano and the clarinet. I was also in my high school jazz band. Yes, I have heard that “One time at band camp” joke one too many times! One day, I would love to take up piano again.
- I worked at a fly-in fishing camp in Northern Ontario during University. I even used this experience to get myself published in an Canadian outdoors magazine.
- Ironically enough, my husband is NOT outdoorsy at all. He is athletic, but never spent much time doing outdoorsy things like camping, fishing, hiking, etc. This is a photo from when I took him canoeing in British Colombia last year. Even though I had to teach him to paddle, I couldn’t get upset with this handsome face.
- I have NEVER been on a hot holiday. No joke. We did Mediterranean for our honeymoon but it was in October. Since my family lives all across Canada, I typically spend my vacations visiting family rather than travelling outside of Canada. I seriously need to work on this.
- My seriously regret not seeing Michael Jackson live in concert before he passed on. Yes, I spent my elementary school days at the roller rink skating round and round while belting out the MJ tunes. Good times, I tell you. Life was simpler back in those days.
- I am a Level 2 Reiki Practitioner. I just completed my Level 2 course last weekend. What does this mean? I can now send distant healing! If you are having an extra rough day, get in touch with me and I’ll send you some love and light. 🙂
My Nomination List
I’m fascinated by the power of online sharing. Often people ask me how I came across certain people, companies or products. Half of the time, I have no clue! I stumble upon something I like and I share it.
There are many, many bloggers whose stories have helped me immensely on my fertility journey. Unfortunately, My Perfect Breakdown stole some of my favs for her nomination list (just kidding – great minds think alike).
My nomination list includes (in)fertility bloggers who are either still on their journey or blessed to have crossed over to the pregnancy side. I’m positive you will find some inspiration and hope in each of their stories. I’ve included both sides of the spectrum (I said spectrum, not speculum) as I honestly feel like that pregnancy success stories fuels hope within the (in)fertility community. So, check them out, click follow and read until your heart is content. 🙂
Disclaimer: Participation is totally optional.
If you choose not to accept the award on your blog, I’m still giving you a virtual high five for being awesome!
If you don’t see your name on this list, I had to cut the list off somewhere. I’m sure you are awesome too! Leave a comment with a link to your blog below.